This year, you may have made a variety of New Yearâ€™s resolutions to improve your mind, your finances, or your health.
Many people, however, tend to lose focus of their goals, and the promises made on the first of the year are soon forgotten.
You donâ€™t need to make a resolution to improve your life, as there are manyÂ simple changes you can make at any time. To be happy and healthy does not require a lot of money or time â€“ just a little desire and motivation
- Massage. Who wouldnâ€™t mind receiving a pleasant massage? No matter whether itâ€™s performed by a professional or by your spouse, gentle touches make everyone feel happy and good. Especially if it concerns women, who like massages most of all.
- Talking with friends. When you talk to somebody who understands you very well and who can support you and help you whenever you need â€“ this is true happiness.
- Walking. You need to spend time outdoors at least an hour a day. Walking outdoors can greatly improve your mood, helps you to keep fit and remain healthy, thus making you a little bit happier.
- Music. You should listen to music everyday. It can be classics or just a slow and calming melody, which will help you to relax and feel good.
- Avoid negativeness. Stop thinking only of bad things, get rid of your fears, try to be an optimist. Avoid negative topics for discussing. Donâ€™t watch bad news on TV all the time. All this can make you depressed and not happy at all.
- Relaxing bath. Prepare a relaxing bath with rose petals and oils (if you want). Giving a little relaxation to your body will make youÂ feel much happier.
- Meditation, as with other relaxation practices, raises the level of your energy. Try to meditate at least once a day. Itâ€™s also very useful to meditate when out in the nature.
- Shopping. Women love it! But it can be a good thing for men as well. Iâ€™m not talking only of clothes, everything counts. Donâ€™t you like to buy something new for yourself? We all like it, donâ€™t we?
- Dancing. Any kind of dancing is a great thing to raise your mood, express your sexuality, and become happier.
- Yoga. Yoga practice can soothe your mind and give you more energy. Doing it regularly can be a great step to a happier life.
- Providing help. No matter how strange it may seem, helping others is a great way to become happier. When doing this you feel positiveness inside you. You know that youâ€™re doing something good.
- Reading. Read a good book. Itâ€™s especially useful to read stories about peopleâ€™s lives. Studying their fate, you can better understand your own personality.
- Cooking. Itâ€™s a good thing when done together with your beloved. Doing something together will help you both to feel happier.
- Home. Itâ€™s not only a place where you sleep, it;s where you spend most of your time, you relax there, bring up your kids, etc. So do something for your home. Make it as comfortable and nice as you can.
- Plans. Making plans for your future is a powerful thing. There are no guarantees that all of them will be fulfilled, but the more you plan the bigger are the chances that youâ€™ll succeed in your life.
- Picnic. Go on a picnic with your family or friends. Spend some time outdoors, enjoying nature, breathing fresh air, having fun.
- Water is a great generator of a good mood. Starting with a bath or a shower and ending with pools, lakes or seas â€“ this is a great way to relax, feel happy and enjoy your life.
- Physical activity will not only help you to keep fit and remain healthy but will also improve your mood and will help you to get rid of stress.
- Healthy lifestyle. Bad habits negatively influence your life. And itâ€™s not only smoking, it may be laziness, spending too much time watching TV, etc. And believe me, if youâ€™re not healthy you are far from being happy.
- Diary. Keeping a diary will help you to analyze yourself, your failures and success, your relationship, work, etc. Itâ€™s a great way to understand yourself.
If youâ€™re trying to lead a happier, healthier life, making the necessary changes is up to you. Start with the items on this list that appeal the most to you, and work some of the others into your life a little at a time. Keep a notebook and write about which changes you made and how they worked for you â€“ following the example set by the author of â€œThe Happiness Project.â€ When you get discouraged, read back over your entries to remind yourself of all you have accomplished.
What kinds of things make you happy? Do you have any tips youâ€™d like to share that improve health and happiness?